Power Breakfast by Our Sponsor Birota Foods
Spring is right around the corner and Birota Foods is pumped to help get you outside a bit more to train on the trails and roads. Triathlon, cycling, and running season is almost here and what a better way to celebrate than to start off the day with a power breakfast. The addition of our Smart Cocoa to these recipes improves the nutrient profile by providing more anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, brain boosting and energy providing benefits. The ingredients in Smart Cocoa are extremely functional and work together to support optimal health and exercise performance.
Check out these great creations we made that will fuel your day, optimize your blood sugar and keep your body and brain running on all cylinders!
Smart Cocoa Smoothie
This is an extremely simple and quick recipe to blend up in the morning. With just a few functional ingredients, it provides quality protein, carbohydrates and fat. Smoothies are great because they are also very hydrating!
- 1 cup nut milk (we use a blend of almond/cashew protein enriched milk)
- 3 tablespoons Smart Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1 cup ice
- 1 banana (optional)
- 15 grams of protein powder (optional but we recommend it for a bit more protein)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix for 1 – 2 minutes.
Smart Cocoa Pumpkin Pancakes
These pancakes provide a bit more carbohydrates to fuel your day. Combined with our Smart Cocoa Smoothie, you will have just less than a 2:1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein which is ideal for blood sugar optimization, leading to better energy levels throughout and faster recovery from exercise.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 15 ounces of 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 cup nut butter
- 4 tablespoons Smart Cocoa
- 3/4 – 1 cup gluten-free almond meal baking and pancake mix (we use Pamela’s almond meal); adjust quantity based on consistency
- 3/4 cup nut milk (we use a blend of almond/cashew protein enriched milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add milk, pumpkin and nut butter and continue mixing until you reach a pancake batter consistency.
- Cook on a skillet and enjoy!
For more recipes, visit the Birota Foods website at www.birotafoods.com
Take 10% off your Birota order NOW with code BAESPRING2019