PLEASE NOTE: Registration for this race has been suspended. Please contact us with questions for the 2019 calendar. Thank you.
Soaring skies, amazing views & lush forest cover – The “CARTER LAKE CRUSHER” Triathlon. Carter Lake provides some of the best camping, water activities and beautiful surroundings the front-range foothills has to offer. Triathlon is now on that list as well!
Sitting just west of Loveland and southwest of Fort Collins, this close-to-home triathlon will have a big destination feel and a unique race course to match. Make a weekend out of this event and plan to get a little extra sight seeing done with on-site camping options!
Location, Mapping & Parking
Venue: Carter Lake (south shore campground)
Address: 971 N Co Rd 31, Berthoud, CO 80513
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/K2WSPRQQCUr
Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
Parking spots will be limited, please consider carpooling. We will have volunteers helping to park vehicles efficiently. Please NO parking on any side roads. Shuttle buses will be made available from any satellite lot parking. Your athlete & race guide (emailed at least 2 weeks prior to race day), will also include final details for parking.
PLEASE NOTE: Early bike drop off WILL be available on Friday September 27th for any athlete that wants to reduce their race-morning stress and traffic congestion. Security will be posted to watch transition all night long.
The Swim: 800 Meters: Expected water temperature range of 68-74 degrees will make for a very comfortable swim, with or without a wetsuit. This counter-clockwise single loop course will keep the sun out of your eyes and provide easy shore sighting – great for first timers or seasoned athletes looking to PR. OPTIONAL – Don’t wanna swim? We will have SUP (stand up paddle-board) options for this race.
The Bike: 18.8 Miles/30.3KM: The single loop bike course promises to test your legs and handling skills with some super-fast downhill sections, roller sections and a steady climb back to transition before starting the run. The first and last mile of the ride will be inside “cone created” athlete lanes – please do not pass unless NOT doing so is unsafe.
The Run: 4.5 Miles/7.2KM: Save some for the run? The three-loop run course is a great mix of packed dirt and packed trail sections with subtle roller hills and tight twists. Plenty of high fives from your fellow athletes as you pass by on the course.
Food trucks & local vendors will line the parking lot with some great goodies for everyone. Vegan & Vegetarian friendly options will be a priority. Please check out our sponsors & vendors section below for a complete list as this is updated on a regular basis as we add more.
- There is a swim SUP (stand up paddle-board) option available if you are not comfortable with traditional swimming.
- The bike & run courses are subject to minor route changes pending Larimer County permit approvals. As of February 21st, 2019, they are accurate.
- Additional mobile toilets (“porta potties”) will be on site in the transition area parking lots for athletes and spectators.
- The bike & run course will have water, electrolyte drinks & fuel/snacks for all athletes. Please ask-for/take only what you need. We strive at each event to be as “green” as possible. Any cups used are 100% biodegradable.
Prices do not include USAT or transaction fees
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||10/15 to 2/15||2/16 to 4/27||4/28 to 8/17||8/18 to 9/21|
To ensure you receive a correctly sized t-shirt & any custom race bibs/decals, please register by SATURDAY 7/20
After this date we can NOT guarantee these item specifics.
**There is NO registration available on race morning**
Every athlete gets:
- Race T-Shirt
- Finisher Medal (upon crossing the finish line)
- Fun Swag Bag
- Post Race Meal & Drinks
- Tons of High Fives, Smiles & Crowd Support
- An Awesome Mountain Race Experience
Packet Pickup – Thursday & Friday – NOTED In The Next Section
RACE DAY – Saturday September 28th, 2019
6:30am: Transition Area Opens
Body Marking – Bike Mechanic Available near Transition
6:30am: Race Day Packet Pick Up
*Pre-pay for race day pick up online
7:30am: Swim Area Open for Warmup & Swim Course Notes
8:00am: Swim Start (individual waves – 90 seconds apart)
9:30am: Swim Area Closes / Swim Cut-Off
Overall & Age Group Awards announced throughout the morning
11:00am: Bike Course Cut-Off
12:30pm: Run Course Cut-Off
1:00pm: Race Closure / End Of Day
Location: *Transition area of the race* There is a $5 race day pick-up fee that should be pre-paid online. If you did NOT pay this fee, please bring CASH to packet pickup on race day (this speeds up the line).
Before arriving to Packet Pick Up:
- Make sure you are registered. You do not need to bring documents or a printout. If you are registered, you will be in our system.
- Bring photo ID. This is a USAT rule that cannot be avoided. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present. Due to this rule, you cannot pick up a packet for anyone else. No exceptions.
- Bring proof of USAT membership if you are a USAT annual member. If you enter a number in the USAT field during registration you will be asked to provide proof of membership at check-in (your annual card). If you did not enter a USAT number during registration you will be prompted online to pay the one-day USAT fee.
- Be prepared to have an athlete bracelet fastened on your wrist (this is required for transition access on race day).
Important TIMING CHIP Info: Your timing chip CAN NOT be picked up prior to race morning. There will be a chip pickup table inside transition on race morning. BRING YOUR BIB & ATHLETE BRACELET – NO Bib NO Timing Chip
Relay Teams must check in together. All relay members must register online individually and each sign waivers during signup.
Vendors & Sponsors
1st Place Overall Male & Female: Race Entry Discount of 50% (each), award & an extra special finisher swag bag
2nd Place Overall Male & Female: Award& an extra special finisher swag bag
3rd Place Overall Male & Female: Award & an extra special finisher swag bag
- Top three overall Male & Female Award
- Top three relay teams (mixed gender included) Award
- Individual Age Groups Award, top three in each category:
- 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Top 5 SUP Participants Award
Awards Ceremony will commence mid morning, pending the overall athletes remaining on the course. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Note: This race, “The CARTER LAKE CRUSHER Triathlon”, is in NO way
officially associated with Larimer County or it’s employees.