Time to get dirty! The “Dirty Duo” Offroad Ride & Run is a challenging and inspiring event on the trails of Lory State Park. No age groups and no gender groups! Similar in course layout to the popular Lory Xterra Triathlon, this race ditches the swim for a “LeMans style” start. When the gun goes off (or in this case an air horn), athletes will run 100 meters to their bikes in transition.
From there it’s an all out race on some of the best ride & run trails around. Fast flat sections, tight technical turns, challenging climbs and soaring views of Horsetooth Reservoir. This race will challenge your legs with the climbs but keep you motivated the whole way with some truly breathtaking views & sights.
Location, Mapping & Parking
Venue: Lory State Park (Timber & Soldier Canyon Group Areas)
Address: 708 N Co Rd 25G, Bellvue, CO 80512
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/w9gctTDTVvP2
Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
Parking will be immediately EAST of transition at the Soldier Canyon Loop area. Volunteers will direct traffic flow and parking flow. PLEASE reference the PDF parking map linked below. Please consider purchasing an annual park pass OR a daily park pass, this helps us better organize this event. We will have volunteers helping to park vehicles efficiently. Your athlete & race guide (emailed at least 2 weeks prior to race day), will also include final details for parking and passes.
Please familiarize yourself with course maps.
Duo Ride & Run: Start “LeMans Style” Run // Ride: 11.25 Miles // Run: 4 Miles
Start Conditions: Crisp morning air and a 100 meter dash to the transition area. High energy? You bet!
Bike Course Conditions: The entire 2-loop bike course takes place within Lory State Park. There are some sections on flat wide open dirt roads, single track bike trail and some awesome technical climbs AND descents. Athletes will have the unique challenge of two faster paced & wide open passing opportunities on this course. 1100ft of gain will challenge your mountain bike skills and legs.
Run Course Conditions: The run course features 573ft of elevation gain on nice packed trails with a few fast and technical sections. Save some of that mega watt power off the bike as you’ll want to sprint for the finish line when you see it from the last hill crest.
**Athletes are responsible for knowing the course routes, layouts and directions. We do our best to adequately mark courses, provide direction and station volunteers throughout the course.
Food options & local vendors will line the parking lot with some great goodies for everyone. Vegan & Vegetarian friendly options will be a priority. Please check out our sponsors & vendors section below for a complete list as this is updated on a regular basis as we add more.
- This event is dependent on fair weather & good trail conditions. We will be monitoring the weather closely during race week. Heavy rain may require us to change the courses last minute, per the park ranger requirements.
- The bike & run courses are subject to minor route changes pending race day safety and athlete flow. As of March 22nd, 2019, they are accurate.
- Additional mobile toilets (“porta potties”) will be on site in the transition area parking lots for athletes and spectators.
- The bike & run course will have water, electrolyte drinks & fuel/snacks for all athletes. Please ask-for/take only what you need. We strive at each event to be as “green” as possible. Any cups used are 100% biodegradable.
Prices do not include USAT or transaction fees, where or if applicable
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||2/14 to 3/16||3/17 to 5/4||5/5 to 6/15||6/16 to 7/22|
To ensure you receive a correctly sized t-shirt & any custom race bibs/decals, please register by SATURDAY 6/15
After this date we can NOT guarantee these item specifics.
**Registration on race morning, if available, will be announced during race week and will be $105**
Every athlete gets:
- Race T-Shirt (depending on race entry)
- Finisher Medal (upon crossing the finish line)
- Fun Swag Bag
- Post Race Food & Drinks
- Tons of High Fives, Smiles & Crowd Support
- An Awesome Mountain Race Experience
Packet Pickup – Thursday & Friday – NOTED In The Next Section
RACE DAY – Saturday July 27th, 2019 (times are subject to change)
6:30am: Transition Area Opens
Body Marking – Bike Mechanic Available near Transition
6:00am: Race Day Packet Pick Up
*Pre-pay for race day pick up online
7:00am: Race Start (mass “LeMans Style”)
Overall & Awards announced throughout the morning
9:00am: Bike Course Cut-Off
11:00am: Run Course Cut-Off
12:30pm: Race Closure / End Of Day
Location: *Transition area of the race* There is a $5 race day pick-up fee that should be pre-paid online. If you did NOT pay this fee, please bring CASH to packet pickup on race day (this speeds up the line).
Before arriving to Packet Pick Up:
- Make sure you are registered. You do not need to bring documents or a printout. If you are registered, you will be in our system.
- Bring photo ID. This is an insurance/sanction rule that cannot be avoided. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present. Due to this rule, you cannot pick up a packet for anyone else. No exceptions.
- Be prepared to have an athlete bracelet fastened on your wrist (this is required for transition access on race day).
Important TIMING CHIP Info: Your timing chip CAN NOT be picked up prior to race morning. There will be a chip pickup table inside transition on race morning. BRING YOUR BIB & ATHLETE BRACELET – NO Bib NO Timing Chip
Vendors & Sponsors
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Place Overall Male OR Female (this is an all out race): Award & an extra special finisher swag bag
1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Overall Team (mixed) (this is an all out race): Award & an extra special finisher swag bag
Awards Ceremony will commence mid morning, pending the overall athletes remaining on the course. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Note: This race event, “Dirty Duo Ride & Run”, is in NO way
officially associated with Lory State Park, Larimer County or it’s employees.