Unleash your inner Amazon! This ladies only race in Fort Collins Colorado features a fun & unique course that promises to be beginner friendly and empowering. Already a seasoned athlete? Awesome! – This is a great short distance course to test your speed skills on and have some mid-summer fun.
Fort Collins boasts some of the best local breweries around, bike friendly paths at every turn (the Spring Creek Trail is next to the run course) and a ton of activities all within minutes of iconic downtown – also known as “Old Town”. Don’t take our word for it – make a weekend out of this event and plan to get a little extra summer outdoor time in!
Location, Mapping & Parking
Venue: Edora Pool & Ice Center (EPIC)
Address: 1801 Riverside Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/C9N48Z2ZqcM2
Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
Parking spots can be limited, please consider carpooling OR riding your bike down if you’re able to. We will have volunteers helping to park vehicles efficiently. Please NO parking on the WEST side of Riverside Ave.
Your athlete & race guide (emailed at least 1-2 weeks prior to race day), will also include final details for parking.
The Swim: 450 Meters: The Edora Pool & Ice Center is a pristine aquatics facility boasting some of the best indoor swimming around. With 50 meter lap lanes, stadium bleacher seating for spectators and a time slot reserved just for this race – your swim split will be one to remember. Ladies, you’ll start in 10 second intervals with their respective estimated time groups and swim in an “S or SNAKE” going under the lane lines after each double length.
The Bike: 10 Miles – 2-Loops: The surrounding bike route is mostly flat, all right turns and makes for great spectator cheering. An aid station will be passed as you start the course for any water top offs you might need. Please fill your water bottle BEFORE racking your bike in transition.
The Run: The Power Line Trail is a quiet out and back route free from vehicle traffic or athlete distractions. Most of the run route is on this path! Runners will leave transition and head across the grass to the Power Line Trail (east). After following directional course signs runners head south. Runners will U-turn to head back towards the EPIC center. They will bear LEFT and head back towards the transition/finish chute turn. Turning RIGHT onto the grass towards the finish. All turns and directions will be marked with cones, traffic marshals and volunteers to guide you along.
The Duathlon Option (added 4/27/20): Athletes can switch their race entry to the RUN-BIKE-RUN duathlon for this event as we realize everyone’s swim fitness has been diminished since early March. Athlete’s will start next to transition and complete the 1 MILE turn around run course. From there they will complete the 10 MILE bike course and then transition once more to head out onto the 2.1 MILE final run course before crossing the finish line.
**Athletes are responsible for knowing the course routes, layouts and directions. We do our best to adequately mark courses, provide direction and station volunteers throughout the course.
There will be access to pool locker rooms and restrooms for athletes on race morning. Local vendors will line the parking lot with some great goodies for everyone. Vegan & Vegetarian friendly options will be a priority. Please check out our sponsors & vendors section below for a complete list as this is updated on a regular basis as we add more.
- The bike & run courses are subject to route adjustments pending the City of Fort Collins. As of May 10th, 2021, they are accurate.
- Additional mobile toilets (“porta potties”) will be on site in the transition area parking lots for athletes and spectators. The EPIC center will have bathrooms and locker rooms available.
- The bike course will NOT have plastic water bottles at the aid station. Instead, there will be large water jugs you can refill your water bottle with, if needed. As this is a relatively short bike course we ask athletes to bring their own water bottle(s) with their bike. This helps reduce waste produced at this event.
- The run course will pass the same aid station and there will be cups of water & electrolyte drink available. These cups are 100% biodegradable to help keep our race as “green” as possible.
Prices do not include USAT or transaction fees
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||11/1 to 12/31||1/1 to 2/15||2/16 to 5/16||5/17 to 6/13||6/21 to 7/18|
|Sprint Relay Team||$95||$100||$110||$120||$130|
To ensure you receive a correctly sized t-shirt & any custom race bibs/decals, please register by FRIDAY 6/12 After this date we can NOT guarantee these item specifics, but we’ll do our best.**There is currently NO registration available on race morning | If available we will announce this during race week.** Every athlete gets:
- Race T-Shirt
- Finisher Medal (upon crossing the finish line)
- Fun Swag Bag
- Post Race Breakfast & Drinks
- Tons of High Fives, Smiles & Crowd Support
- An Awesome FOCO Experience
Packet Pickup – Thursday & Friday – NOTED In The Next Section
RACE DAY – TBD 20216:00am: Transition Area Opens
Bike Mechanic Available near Transition
NO BODY MARKING AVAILABLE
6:00am to 6:45am: Race Day Packet Pick Up
*Pre-pay for race day pick up online
6:45am: Pool Area Open for Warmup & Swim Course Notes
6:40am: Pre-Race Briefing near Pool Entry/Exit Doors
7:05am: Sprint Swim Start Waves(10-seconds in-between each athlete & 8-10 minutes in between each wave)
7:35am: Duathlon Start (please gather near the aid station)
8:15am: SuperSprint Swim Start (approximate)(10-seconds in-between each athlete)
8:45am: Pool Area Closes / Swim Cut-Off
Overall & Age Group Awards announced throughout the morning
9:30am: Bike Course Cut-Off
10:30am: Run Course Cut-Off
11:00am: Race Closure / End Of Morning
Location: RACE VENUE (EPIC POOL)
TBD from 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Location: RACE VENUE (EPIC POOL)
TBD – RACE DAY – from 6:00am to 6:45am
Location: *Transition area of the race*
There is a $5 race day pick-up fee that should be pre-paid online. If you did NOT pay this fee, please bring CASH to packet pickup on race day (this speeds up the line).
Before arriving to Packet Pick Up:
- Make sure you are registered. You do not need to bring documents or a printout. If you are registered, you will be in our system.
- Bring photo ID. This is a USAT rule that cannot be avoided. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present. Due to this rule, you cannot pick up a packet for anyone else. No exceptions.
- Bring proof of USAT membership if you are a USAT annual member. If you enter a number in the USAT field during registration you will be asked to provide proof of membership at check-in (your annual card). If you did not enter a USAT number during registration you will be prompted online to pay the one-day USAT fee.
- Be prepared to have an athlete bracelet fastened on your wrist (this *may* be required for transition access on race day).
Relay Teams must check in together. All relay members must register online individually and each sign waivers during signup.
Awards Ceremony will commence mid morning, pending the overall athletes remaining on the course. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Note: The Edora Pool & Ice Center (EPIC) is owned & operated by the City of Fort Collins. This race, “The EPIC MINI Triathlon”, is in NO way officially associated with the Edora Pool & Ice Center, the City of Fort Collins or it’s employees. Specific race details may be changed or updated as we finalize this race each season.