Thanks to Adam & Gemma for a GREAT swim training experience here in Colorado. Thanks to all the athletes that registered and made the trip to be here. We hope to update this page soon for 2020
Fear no swim! The Colorado Ocean Walker Swim Challenge is a highly focused two day training camp right here in Fort Collins Colorado. You will swim more efficiently, be more confident in open water and see quicker swim splits. Join us by signing up for a full two-day training camp to learn the Ocean Walker swim technique. At the end of the week there will be a meet & greet talk.
Location, Mapping & Parking
Training Venue: EDORA POOL
Address: Fort Collins
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/eBLr42P9zGS2
Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
Exclusive Training Camp with Adam ‘Ocean’ Walker brought to you by Breakaway Athletic EventsBIG NEWS!!!
Adam ‘Ocean’ Walker the World Record breaking swimmer and best selling author of Man vs Ocean is coming to Colorado! He’ll run a series of two day swim camps. You’ll have a unique opportunity to learn arguably the most efficient front crawl swim technique in the world from the creator himself. Adam became internationally recognized after swimming ‘Ocean Seven’, the world’s toughest ocean swims. He became the first and only British person to date to complete the feat.
After swimming the English Channel in 2008 he was advised to give up swimming by a specialist, following two operations on his shoulder. As giving up wasn’t an option he created a front crawl swim stroke called the ‘Ocean Walker Technique’. This technique saw him across 6 more ocean swims including Spain to Morocco and back to Spain, the Catalina Channel, the Molokai Channel, the Tsugaru Channel, Cook Strait and Ireland to Scotland; all non-stop swimming without a wetsuit. On the way he was stung by deadly Portuguese man o war, chased by sharks, suffered severe sickness swimming up to 60 kilometers and 17 hours non-stop.
In 2013 he began coaching the technique and it’s known around the world for making you a faster and more energy efficient swimmer while helping to protect the body from injury.
LEARN HOW TO SWIM FASTER FOR LONGER WITH THE OCEAN WALKER TECHNIQUE
- 8 hours of coached pool time
- Above and underwater video analysis
- Theory on the technique – find out how and why it works
- Split screen video comparisons of you and Adam Walker
- Access to Adam Walker’s video drills (not available on social media)
- Access to private Facebook group for additional tips and advice
- INCLUDED Ocean Walker swim cap
- INCLUDED ticket to the Adam Walker ‘Oceans 7 Talk’ (Sat Sept. 14th afternoon/evening)
- 25% DISCOUNT on any open water race at the 2019 Ocean Walker Swim Challenge – Saturday September 14th
- Two-Day Camp || Wednesday 9-11-19 & Thursday 9-12-19 – 2019 || Limited to 12 slots
- Starts at 2pm / 14:00 on Wednesday 9-11-19 & Finishes at 6:30pm / 18:30 on Thursday 9-12-19
- Specific Itinerary will be confirmed and emailed to athletes that sign up at least 60 days before
- $699 per person
- This camp session runs over 2 days. If you are travelling, we strongly recommend you arrange accommodations. HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
- All training will take place in a swimming pool for analysis purposes
- Due to everyone’s different dietary needs, please bring your own lunches, meals, snacks and drinks. Lunches / meals are not provided by Breakaway Athletic Events. The venue will have a small food prep area and light snacks/water will be available.
- Locker rooms will be available for storing personal goods (please bring a lock) as well as towels, a change of clothes and footwear. Dry clothes should be changed into for classroom/theory sessions. Lunch areas include outdoor grass areas (pending weather, please bring a blanket or towel to sit on), bleacher seating poolside or the classroom setting.
Prices do not include transaction fees, where applicable
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||3/1 to 4/6||4/7 to 6/1||6/2 to 9/8|
|Training Camp Two-Day||$699||$699||$699|
Note: This training camp series & race event, “Colorado OceanWalker Swim Challenge”, is in NO way officially associated with the City of Fort Collins, Horsetooth Reservoir, Boyd Lake State Park or it’s employees.