Location, Mapping & ParkingVenue: Edora Pool & Ice Center (EPIC) Address: 1801 Riverside Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80525 Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/C9N48Z2ZqcM2 Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events Parking spots can be limited, please consider carpooling OR riding your bike down if you’re able to. We will have volunteers helping to park vehicles efficiently. Please NO parking on the WEST side of Riverside Ave as this is part of the race course. Your athlete & race guide (emailed at least 2 weeks prior to race day), will also include final details for parking.
- The bike & run courses are subject to minor route adjustments pending the City of Fort Collins. As of August 20th, 2019, they are accurate.
- Additional mobile toilets (“porta potties”) will be on site in the transition area parking lots for athletes and spectators. The EPIC center will have bathrooms and locker rooms available.
- The bike course will NOT have plastic water bottles at the aid station. Instead, there will be large water jugs you can refill your water bottle with, if needed. As this is a relatively short bike course we ask athletes to bring their own water bottle(s) with their bike. This helps reduce waste produced at this event.
- The run course will pass the same aid station and there will be cups of water & electrolyte drink available. These cups are 100% biodegradable to help keep our race as “green” as possible.
Prices do not include USAT or transaction fees
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||10/15 to 12/31||1/1 to 2/23||2/24 to 4/20||4/21 to 5/25|
To ensure you receive a correctly sized t-shirt & any custom race bibs/decals, please register by FRIDAY 4/19 After this date we can NOT guarantee these item specifics, but we’ll do our best.**There is currently NO registration available on race morning** Every athlete gets:
- Race T-Shirt
- Finisher Medal (upon crossing the finish line)
- Fun Swag Bag
- Post Race Pancake Breakfast & Drinks
- Tons of High Fives, Smiles & Crowd Support
- An Awesome Fort Collins Experience
Packet Pickup – Friday & Saturday – NOTED In The Next Section
RACE DAY – Sunday May 26th, 20196:00am: Transition Area Opens Body Marking – Bike Mechanic Available near Transition 6:00am: Race Day Packet Pick Up *Pre-pay for race day pick up online 7:00am: Pool Area Open for Warmup & Swim Course Notes 7:25am: Swim Start (5-seconds in-between each athlete) 8:45am: Pool Area Closes / Swim Cut-Off Overall & Age Group Awards announced throughout the morning 9:45am: Bike Course Cut-Off 10:30am: Run Course Cut-Off 11:00am: Race Closure / End Of Morning
- Make sure you are registered. You do not need to bring documents or a printout. If you are registered, you will be in our system.
- Bring photo ID. This is a USAT rule that cannot be avoided. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present. Due to this rule, you cannot pick up a packet for anyone else. No exceptions.
- Bring proof of USAT membership if you are a USAT annual member. If you enter a number in the USAT field during registration you will be asked to provide proof of membership at check-in (your annual card). If you did not enter a USAT number during registration you will be prompted online to pay the one-day USAT fee.
- Be prepared to have an athlete bracelet fastened on your wrist (this is required for transition access on race day).
Vendors & Sponsors
1st Place Overall Male & Female: Race Entry Discount of 50% (each), award & an extra special finisher swag bag 2nd Place Overall Male & Female: Award & an extra special finisher swag bag 3rd Place Overall Male & Female: Award & an extra special finisher swag bag
- Top three overall Male & Female Award
- Top three overall Youth (mixed gender, 7-10 & 11-17 pending entries)
- Top three relay teams (mixed gender included) Award
- Five “Special Athlete Factoid” Awards
- Individual Age Groups Award, top three in each category:
- 18-21, 22-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Note: The Edora Pool & Ice Center (EPIC) is owned & operated by the City of Fort Collins. This race, “The EPIC MINI Triathlon”, is in NO way officially associated with the Edora Pool & Ice Center, the City of Fort Collins or it’s employees. Specific race details may be changed or updated as we finalize this race each season.