Escape to the lake! The “Boyd Lake Bash” Multisport Festival will be an event you’ll look forward to all season long. Why? Beautiful mountain views, ideal weather and 10 races all in the same morning…yes TEN! Did we mention camping? Yup! There’s that too.
Sitting on the east side of Loveland and southeast of Fort Collins, this close-to-home multisport race event will have a festival feel that’s intimate, fun and mildly challenging. The course layouts make race morning packed with spectator cheering and multiple athlete flybys. With ON-SITE camping options, make a weekend out of this event and plan some extra relaxation time.
Location, Mapping & Parking
Venue: Boyd Lake State Park (main swim beach area)
Address: 3720 N Co Rd 11C, Loveland, CO 80538
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8xjzSkNWEXp
Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
Parking will be immediately north of transition, within 100 feet. Please consider purchasing an annual park pass OR a daily park pass, this helps us better organize this event. We will have volunteers helping to park vehicles efficiently. Your athlete & race guide (emailed at least 2 weeks prior to race day), will also include final details for parking and passes.
PLEASE NOTE: Early bike drop off WILL be available on Friday September 6th for any athlete that wants to reduce their race-morning stress and traffic congestion, if you are NOT camping the night before. Security will be posted to watch transition all night long.
This is a MULTI race event. Please take note of your specific race details, distances and familiarize yourself with course maps.
Triathlon – Sprint Distance: 750 Meter Swim / 13.85 Mile Bike / 3.1 Mile Run
Duathlon – Sprint/Medium: 3.1 Mile Run / 13.85 Mile Bike / 6.2 Mile Run
Aquabike – Swim/Bike: 1500 Meter Swim / 13.85 Mile Bike
Aquathon – Short: 750 Meter Swim / 3.1 Mile Run
Aquathon – Long: 1500 Meter Swim / 13.1 Mile Run
Youth Splash & Dash 7-10: 100 Meter Swim / 1KM Run
Youth Splash & Dash 11-15: 200 Meter Swim / 2KM Run
5K Run: 3.1 Miles // 10K Run: 6.2 Miles // 1/2 Marathon: 13.1 Miles
Swim Course Conditions: Expected water temperature range of 69-74 degrees will make for a very comfortable swim, with or without a wet-suit. This clockwise single loop course will keep the sun out of your eyes and provide easy shore sighting – great for first timers or seasoned athletes.
Bike Course Conditions: No Public Roads!! The entire 3-loop bike course will remain inside the park grounds. This drastically increases athlete safety, reduces event resources and allows your family & friends to cheer as you pass them six times. The road surfaces are all paved with around 50% of them being new. Plenty of aid stations too!
Run Course Conditions: The run courses feature 75% walking paths and 25% packed dirt trail. You’ll enjoy up close views of the lake, soaring mountain backdrops and plenty of turns to keep you motivated. Lots of aid stations and spectator cheering on all of the run distances.
Food trucks & local vendors will line the parking lot with some great goodies for everyone. Vegan & Vegetarian friendly options will be a priority. Please check out our sponsors & vendors section below for a complete list as this is updated on a regular basis as we add more.
- The bike & run courses are subject to minor route changes pending race day safety and athlete flow. As of April 20th, 2019, they are accurate.
- Additional mobile toilets (“porta potties”) will be on site in the transition area parking lots for athletes and spectators.
- The bike & run course will have water, electrolyte drinks & fuel/snacks for all athletes. Please ask-for/take only what you need. We strive at each event to be as “green” as possible. Any cups used are 100% biodegradable.
Prices do not include USAT or transaction fees, where applicable
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||1/1 to 3/9||3/10 to 5/11||5/12 to 8/17||8/18 to 9/1|
|Triathlon Relay Team||$105||$115||$125||$135|
|Aquathon Short (individual only)||$60||$70||$80||$90|
|Aquathon Long Individual||$70||$80||$90||$100|
|Aquathon Long Relay||$105||$115||$125||$135|
|Youth 7-10 Splash & Dash||$25||$25||$30||$30|
|Youth 11-15 Splash & Dash||$25||$25||$30||$30|
|5K Run Only||$25||$30||$35||$40|
|10K Run Only||$35||$40||$45||$50|
|1/2 Marathon Run Only||$50||$55||$60||$65|
To ensure you receive a correctly sized t-shirt & any custom race bibs/decals, please register by SATURDAY 7/27
After this date we can NOT guarantee these item specifics.
**There is NO registration available on race morning for a multisport event. Week-of multisport registration & morning of run registration will be announced if available, 5 days prior to race day**
Every athlete gets:
- Race T-Shirt or Hat (depending on race entry)
- Finisher Medal (upon crossing the finish line)
- Fun Swag Bag
- Post Race Meal & Drinks
- Tons of High Fives, Smiles & Crowd Support
- An Awesome Colorado Race Experience
Packet Pickup – Thursday & Friday – NOTED In The Next Section
RACE DAY – Saturday September 7th, 2019 (times are subject to change)
6:00am: Transition Area Opens
Body Marking – Bike Mechanic Available near Transition
6:00am: Race Day Packet Pick Up
*Pre-pay for race day pick up online
6:30am: Swim Area Open for Warmup & Swim Course Notes
7:00am: Triathlon Start (individual waves – 180 seconds apart)
7:15am: Duathlon Start (mass start)
7:15am: Aquabike Start (mass start)
7:30am: Aquathon Start (mass start)
8:30am: Half Marathon Run Start
9:00am: 10K Run Start
9:15am: 5K Run Start
10:00am: Bike Course Cut-Off
10:30am: Youth Splash & Dash 11-5 Start
10:45am: Youth Splash & Dash 7-10 Start
Overall & Awards announced throughout the morning
12:30pm: Run Course Cut-Off
1:30pm: Race Closure / End Of Day
Location: *Transition area of the race* There is a $5 race day pick-up fee that should be pre-paid online. If you did NOT pay this fee, please bring CASH to packet pickup on race day (this speeds up the line).
Before arriving to Packet Pick Up:
- Make sure you are registered. You do not need to bring documents or a printout. If you are registered, you will be in our system.
- Bring photo ID. This is a USAT rule that cannot be avoided. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present. Due to this rule, you cannot pick up a packet for anyone else. No exceptions.
- Bring proof of USAT membership if you are a USAT annual member. If you enter a number in the USAT field during registration you will be asked to provide proof of membership at check-in (your annual card). If you did not enter a USAT number during registration you will be prompted online to pay the one-day USAT fee.
- Be prepared to have an athlete bracelet fastened on your wrist (this is required for transition access on race day).
PLEASE NOTE: A USAT membership is NOT required for the RUN ONLY race events (13.1, 10K & 5K). Any/All other athletes taking part in a multisport event must have a USAT license (annual OR the one-day per your registration).
Important TIMING CHIP Info: Your timing chip CAN NOT be picked up prior to race morning. There will be a chip pickup table inside transition on race morning. BRING YOUR BIB & ATHLETE BRACELET – NO Bib NO Timing Chip
All RUN ONLY athletes will have a timing bib included at packet pickup. NO ankle timing chip is required.
Relay Teams must check in together. All relay members must register online individually and each sign waivers during signup.
Vendors & Sponsors
1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Overall Male & Female: Award & an extra special finisher swag bag
- Top three overall Male & Female Award (Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquabike, Aquathons)
- Top three relay teams (mixed gender included) Award
- Individual Age Groups Award, top three in each category:
- 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Top 3 Overall Youth Splash & Dash 7-10 | 11-15
- Top 3 Male & Female Runners 5K | 10K | 13.1
Awards Ceremony will commence mid morning, pending the overall athletes remaining on the course. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Note: This race event, “Boyd Lake Bash Multisport Festival”, is in NO way
officially associated with Boyd Lake State Park or it’s employees.