Sitting on the east side of Loveland and southeast of Fort Collins, this close-to-home multisport race event will have a festival feel that’s intimate, fun and mildly challenging. The course layouts make race morning packed with spectator cheering and multiple athlete flybys. With ON-SITE camping options, make a weekend out of this event and plan some extra relaxation time.
Location, Mapping & Parking
Venue: Boyd Lake State Park (main swim beach area)
Address: 3720 N Co Rd 11C, Loveland, CO 80538
Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/8xjzSkNWEXp
Accommodations: HotelPlanner Specials for Breakaway Athletic Events
Camping: Camping On Site
Parking will be immediately north of transition, within 100 feet. Please consider purchasing an annual park pass OR a daily park pass, this helps us better organize this event. We will have volunteers helping to park vehicles efficiently. Your athlete & race guide (emailed at least 2 weeks prior to race day), will also include final details for parking and passes.
PLEASE NOTE: Early bike drop off WILL be available on Friday September 6th for any athlete that wants to reduce their race-morning stress and traffic congestion, if you are NOT camping the night before. Security will be posted to watch transition all night long.
Triathlon – Sprint Distance: 750 Meter Swim / 10 Mile Bike / 3.1 Mile Run
Supersprint Triathlon – Short Distance: 400 Meter Swim / 4.8 Mile Bike / 2.1 Mile Run
Duathlon – Sprint/Medium: 3.1 Mile Run / 10 Mile Bike / 6.2 Mile Run
Aquabike – Swim/Bike: 1500 Meter Swim (2 loops) / 10 Mile Bike
Aquathon – Short: 750 Meter Swim / 3.1 Mile Run
Aquathon – Long: 1500 Meter Swim (2 loops) / 13.1 Mile Run
Youth Splash & Dash 7-10: 100 Meter Swim / 1KM Run
Youth Splash & Dash 11-15: 200 Meter Swim / 2KM Run
5K Run: 3.1 Miles // 10K Run: 6.2 Miles // 1/2 Marathon: 13.1 Miles
Swim Course Conditions: Expected water temperature range of 69-74 degrees will make for a very comfortable swim, with or without a wet-suit. This clockwise course will keep the sun out of your eyes and provide easy shore sighting – great for first timers or seasoned athletes. Aquathon LONG & Aquabike swim course is TWO loops of the SPRINT swim course.** Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) options are available as a registration option for the Sprint Triathlon folks that don’t want to swim
Bike Course Conditions: No Public Roads!! The entire bike course will remain inside the park grounds. This drastically increases athlete safety, reduces event resources and allows your family & friends to cheer as you pass them six times. The road surfaces are all paved with around 50% of them being new. Plenty of aid stations too!
Run Course Conditions: The run courses feature 75% walking paths and 25% packed dirt trail. You’ll enjoy up close views of the lake, soaring mountain backdrops and plenty of turns to keep you motivated. Lots of aid stations and spectator cheering on all of the run distances.
- The bike & run courses are subject to minor route changes pending race day safety and athlete flow. As of August 20th, 2019, they are accurate.
- Additional mobile toilets (“porta potties”) will be on site in the transition area parking lots for athletes and spectators.
- The bike & run course will have water, electrolyte drinks & fuel/snacks for all athletes. Please ask-for/take only what you need. We strive at each event to be as “green” as possible. Any cups used are 100% biodegradable.
Prices do not include USAT or transaction fees, where applicable
|Pricing Date Tiers|
|Dates||1/1 to 3/9||3/10 to 6/1||6/2 to 8/1||8/2 to 9/5|
|Triathlon Relay Team||$105||$115||$125||$135|
|Supersprint Triathlon (individual only)||$55||$60||$65||$75|
|Aquathon Short (individual only)||$50||$55||$60||$65|
|Aquathon Long Individual||$55||$60||$65||$75|
|Aquathon Long Relay||$75||$80||$85||$95|
|Youth 7-10 Splash & Dash||$25||$25||$30||$30|
|Youth 11-15 Splash & Dash||$25||$25||$30||$30|
|5K Run Only||$25||$30||$35||$40|
|10K Run Only||$35||$40||$45||$50|
|1/2 Marathon Run Only||$50||$55||$60||$65|
To ensure you receive a correctly sized t-shirt & any custom race bibs/decals, please register by SATURDAY 7/27 After this date we can NOT guarantee these item specifics.**There is NO registration available on race morning for a multisport event. Week-of multisport registration & morning of run registration will be announced if available, 5 days prior to race day** Every athlete gets:
- Race T-Shirt or Hat (depending on race entry)
- Finisher Medal (upon crossing the finish line)
- Fun Swag Bag (multisport athletes)
- Post Race Meal & Drinks
- Tons of High Fives, Smiles & Crowd Support
- An Awesome Colorado Race Experience
Packet Pickup – Thursday & Friday – NOTED In The Next Section
RACE DAY – Saturday September 7th, 2019 (times are subject to change)
AQUATHLON LONG: 7:50am
SPRINT TRIATHLON (wave starts): 8:00am
AQUATHLON SHORT: 8:15am
AQUABIKE: With the LAST Sprint Triathlon Wave (approx. 8:20-8:30am)
HALF MARATHON: 8:30am
SUPERSPRINT TRIATHLON (wave starts): 8:35am
YOUTH SPLASH & DASH 10 Minute Interval After LAST Supersprint Triathlon Wave (approx. 9:00-9:15am)
(Centrally located just off I-25) 13640 Orchard Pkwy Suite 100, Westminster, CO 80023
- Make sure you are registered. You do not need to bring documents or a printout. If you are registered, you will be in our system.
- Bring photo ID. This is a USAT rule that cannot be avoided. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present. Due to this rule, you cannot pick up a packet for anyone else. No exceptions.
- Bring proof of USAT membership if you are a USAT annual member. If you enter a number in the USAT field during registration you will be asked to provide proof of membership at check-in (your annual card). If you did not enter a USAT number during registration you will be prompted online to pay the one-day USAT fee.
- Be prepared to have an athlete bracelet fastened on your wrist (this is required for transition access on race day).
Vendors & Sponsors
1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Overall Male & Female: Award & an extra special finisher swag bag
- Top three overall Male & Female Award (Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquabike, Aquathons)
- Top 3 Male & Female Runners 5K | 10K | 13.1
- Top 3 Overall Youth Splash & Dash 7-10 | 11-15
- Top three relay teams (multisport mixed gender included) Award
- Individual Age Groups Award, top three in each category:
- 18-22, 23-29, 30-39 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ (pending overall registrations)
Note: This race event, “Boyd Lake Bash Multisport Festival”, is in NO way officially associated with Boyd Lake State Park or it’s employees.